Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kuketayev, Argyn (Contractor)" <ar...@fanniemae.com> on 2005/04/11 15:32:06 UTC

Is Cross-compilation ok?

Have anybody ever got problems with Cocoon built on Windows and deployed
on Unix/Solaris?
I don't want to store Cocoon's sources in our source code tree. So, I
pre-compile the release then use the package on both Unix and Windows.
So far I didnd't have any issues.

Thanks,
Argyn

Re: Is Cross-compilation ok?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Sandor Spruit wrote:
> Kuketayev, Argyn (Contractor) wrote:
>
>> Have anybody ever got problems with Cocoon built on Windows and deployed
>> on Unix/Solaris?
>> I don't want to store Cocoon's sources in our source code tree. So, I
>> pre-compile the release then use the package on both Unix and Windows.
>> So far I didnd't have any issues.
>

> Same here with Windows to Linux (CentOS) or Mac OS X. The only thing is
> the configuration of home directories if you wanna mount these, IMHO.

Java is Java. I haven't done precisely what you ask, but I have compiled
Java on Windows and deployed it within Cocoon on Linux.

The only possible issue you might have is line endings - the tgz and zip
versions of Cocoon do them differently. But that shouldn't really cause
any problems.

Try it!

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Is Cross-compilation ok?

Posted by Sandor Spruit <sa...@cs.uu.nl>.
Kuketayev, Argyn (Contractor) wrote:

> Have anybody ever got problems with Cocoon built on Windows and deployed
> on Unix/Solaris?
> I don't want to store Cocoon's sources in our source code tree. So, I
> pre-compile the release then use the package on both Unix and Windows.
> So far I didnd't have any issues.

Same here with Windows to Linux (CentOS) or Mac OS X. The only thing is
the configuration of home directories if you wanna mount these, IMHO.

Sandor