Posted to dev@johnzon.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/10 11:03:14 UTC

JSON-B TCK

Hi everyone,

TCK got public for JSON-B on github, I started to have a look.
We have a lot of small edge cases not well handled so will try to make it
more compliant soon.
If you want to join don't hesitate to let me know.

You just have to download the binary at
http://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/jakartaee8-eftl/promoted/eclipse-jsonb-tck-1.0.0.zip,
extract it and edit one file - adjust your paths ;):

$ grep jsonb.classes bin/ts.jte
# @jsonb.classes -- Classes of the JSON-B RI Implementation needed to
jsonb.classes=/home/rmannibucau/.m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-json_1.1_spec/1.2/geronimo-json_1.1_spec-1.2.jar:/home/rmannibucau/.m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jsonb_1.0_spec/1.1/geronimo-jsonb_1.0_spec-1.1.jar:/home/rmannibucau/dev/johnzon/johnzon-core/target/johnzon-core-1.1.14-SNAPSHOT.jar:/home/rmannibucau/dev/johnzon/johnzon-mapper/target/johnzon-mapper-1.1.14-SNAPSHOT.jar:/home/rmannibucau/dev/johnzon/johnzon-jsonb/target/johnzon-jsonb-1.1.14-SNAPSHOT.jar:/home/rmannibucau/.m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec/1.0/geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0.jar

Then go in bin/ folder and launch "ant gui", you can then open the test
suite.

FYI we are at 202 green tests and 68 failures for now.
Will try to have a look to nillable issues soon and keep this thread
updated with new fixes.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: JSON-B TCK

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Annnnnnd, we are done

There are still space for enhancements (out of my head I can think to a
better generic support, refinement of some toggle since we have 2 toggles
for bigdecimals now - one required for the other, maybe a global TCK flag
etc...) but we are green :).

I didn't get much feedback on the version switch - guess it is the holidays
;), will wait a bit before doing it and considering it is ok but would be
happy to get a few +/-1 before.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: JSON-B TCK

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: JSON-B TCK

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
sounds good, tested on some real app with some deep johnzon integration,
breakages are expected (using internal access modes - i know, not good but
it saves a lot of code ;) - and date parsing which now passes and was
broken before) so looks good to me.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: JSON-B TCK

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.