Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 21:34:50 UTC

wsa:MessageID header required?

Hey all,

Looks like Axis2 requires the wsa:MessageID header to be set when
using the 2005/08 (final) addressing spec (see
AddressingValidationHandler.checkMessageIDHeader()). I'm looking at
the spec and the MessageID header is marked as optional (not sending
it might cause problems with message correlation on the ReplyTo or
FaultTo receiver but that's a separate issue). Is this a bug or did I
miss something?

Thanks,
Jarek

Re: wsa:MessageID header required?

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Jarek,

Please see my response below.

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

"Jarek Gawor" <jg...@gmail.com> wrote on 07/10/2008 20:34:50:

> Hey all,
>
> Looks like Axis2 requires the wsa:MessageID header to be set when
> using the 2005/08 (final) addressing spec (see
> AddressingValidationHandler.checkMessageIDHeader()).

We only check for the header when the operation that is invoked is a
request-response mep.

> I'm looking at
> the spec and the MessageID header is marked as optional (not sending
> it might cause problems with message correlation on the ReplyTo or
> FaultTo receiver but that's a separate issue).

Message correlation is not a separate issue, as this is precisely why we
are checking the
message id. It is also stated in the spec that this should be done
(admittedly not in the
most obvious way). See below.

> Is this a bug or did I
> miss something?