Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bob <b....@gmail.com> on 2015/04/13 05:49:40 UTC

Does Redis plugin works?

Hi,

I was told about Redis plugin when asked how to select data randomly. So
I installed Redis server and added some sample data but Redis plugin is
failing. Does RedisDataSet works? As I can see the last changes was made
1 year ago. Here is full stack:

2015/04/13 08:22:25 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed!
redis.clients.jedis.exceptions.JedisDataException: WRONGTYPE Operation
against a key holding the wrong kind of value
     at redis.clients.jedis.Protocol.processError(Protocol.java:66)
     at redis.clients.jedis.Protocol.process(Protocol.java:73)
     at redis.clients.jedis.Protocol.read(Protocol.java:138)
     at
redis.clients.jedis.Connection.getBinaryBulkReply(Connection.java:185)
     at redis.clients.jedis.Connection.getBulkReply(Connection.java:174)
     at redis.clients.jedis.Jedis.srandmember(Jedis.java:1373)
     at
kg.apc.jmeter.config.redis.RedisDataSet.iterationStart(RedisDataSet.java:130)
     at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.fireIterationStart(GenericController.java:408)
     at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.fireIterEvents(GenericController.java:400)
     at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.next(GenericController.java:162)
     at
org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController.next(LoopController.java:123)
     at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.AbstractThreadGroup.next(AbstractThreadGroup.java:88)
     at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:259)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

127.0.0.1:6379> TYPE test
list
127.0.0.1:6379> LRANGE test 0 -1
  1) "10"
  2) "9"
  3) "8"
  4) "7"
  5) "6"
  6) "5"
  7) "4"
  8) "3"
  9) "2"
10) "1"

I think Philippe owns this plugin, Phillipe?

Re: Does Redis plugin works?

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.
I wrote Beanshell script which will retrieve keys by defined list and by
prefix. Hope it helps someone.

https://gist.github.com/bobmeliev/7e9e659c9f44d647aefa

Re: Does Redis plugin works?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bob,
In a previous user mailing list topic I showed that Groovy + Caching
performed something like 10 times better than Beanshell in terms of
throughput.

So at least you should switch you code to use groovy.

Regards

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Does Redis plugin works?

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: Does Redis plugin works?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bob,
> [...]

>>> Connection.java:185)
>>>      at redis.clients.jedis.Connection.getBulkReply(Connection.java:174)
>>>      at redis.clients.jedis.Jedis.srandmember(Jedis.java:1373)
>>>      at kg.apc.jmeter.config.redis.RedisDataSet.iterationStart(
>>> RedisDataSet.java:130)
>>>      at org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.fireIterationStart(
>>> GenericController.java:408)
>>>      at org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.fireIterEvents(
>>> GenericController.java:400)
>>>      at org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.next(
>>> GenericController.java:162)
>>>      at org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController.next(
>>> LoopController.java:123)
>>>      at org.apache.jmeter.threads.AbstractThreadGroup.next(
>>> AbstractThreadGroup.java:88)
>>>      at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.
>>> java:259)
>>>      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

>>> list

Re: Does Redis plugin works?

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.
Hi Philippe,