Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by dhilip kumar <dh...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/08/18 13:19:02 UTC

Not able to see the categories in he ecommerce application.

I created, store, catalog and categories using the catalog manager.
I am able to see the categories in the leftbar of catalog manager.
But not able to see the categories in the leftbar of ecommerce.
the sidedeepcategory.ftl gives false for the condition <#if topLevelList?has_content>.

  I need help to resolve this as early as possible.

  Thanks

Re: Not able to see the categories in he ecommerce application.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Two things

Ecommerce, I believe uses cache. So, you may need to
clear the cache.  Webtools -> cache maintenance

Second, each catalog needs a "Browse Root" category.
Catalog Manager -> Catalog-> Cateogries.  The brose
root needs to be a category that has all of your first
level categories as subcategories

ie
Category A
Category B
Category C

Category_0 needs to be the parent category for A, B,
and C and made Browse root of this fictitious catalog

--- dhilip kumar <dh...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I created, store, catalog and categories using the
> catalog manager.
> I am able to see the categories in the leftbar of
> catalog manager.
> But not able to see the categories in the leftbar of
> ecommerce.
> the sidedeepcategory.ftl gives false for the
> condition <#if topLevelList?has_content>.
>
>   I need help to resolve this as early as possible.
>
>   Thanks

>  Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo! Mail
Beta.