Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu> on 2004/01/27 14:38:21 UTC

[HttpClient] Re: How to get the base URI??

Hi Davide,

Yes, it looks like <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1> redirects to
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/> with a 301 redirect response.
HttpClient automatically handles this redirection, unless you disable
redirection.  When redirected, the original headers are overwritten.
You can get the final path from the HttpMethod using
HttpMethod.getPath().

Mike