Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Rego <pv...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/17 14:46:24 UTC

htpasswd without apache

Hi, I'm trying to make a local repository (protocol svn://, without apache)
works with a password file with htpasswd entries. But my svn does not
recognize the passwords added there. How can I configure svn to make it
work?

Explaining better:
I have a repository called *local_rep*, in whose conf files are:

*svnserve.conf:*
[general]
anon-access = none
auth-access = write
password-db = local_rep_pass
authz-db = authz

*autz:*
[groups]
rootyy=default

[/]
@rootyy=rw
*=

*local_rep_pass:*
default:$apr1$lHYdR...$R1WDuYILoJH.1WJpxL9d7/

in which $apr1$lHYdR...$R1WDuYILoJH.1WJpxL9d7/ represents the password *
blablumbla* encrypted for user *default* using htpasswd.

But when I try to checkout the repository, the password is not recognized.

Regards.

Re: htpasswd without apache

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 05:46:24AM -0800, Rego wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to make a local repository (protocol svn://, without apache)
> works with a password file with htpasswd entries. But my svn does not
> recognize the passwords added there. How can I configure svn to make it
> work?

Hello Rego,

please ask your question on users@subversion.apache.org.
This list is about development of Subversion itself, and is not
the right forum for usage questions.

Thanks!