Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Maitreyee Pasad <pa...@gst.com> on 2000/08/18 15:25:52 UTC

SAXError returned by ...xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse()

I am using xerces 1_0_3

SAXParser parser = new SAXParser();
setting the content and Error handler and then

 the line   parser.parse(xmlQuery)

throws an exception whose stack trace is

org.xml.sax.SAXException
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1225)
...followed by my class that calls the above parse lines.

The getMessage() method of the thrown SAXEception returns null.

So now I have no way of finding out what the error was.

When does the parser return SAXException with no messages? Is it
something with the parser or
something to do with my Error Handler? My error handler is written to
print a message for all three
call backs but nothing is printed in the screen.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Maitreyee