Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by EthanQuynh <p_...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/10 19:52:06 UTC

install subversion

Hi all!
I am new to subversion, I'm trying to install it in my computer by
extracting svn-1.3.0-setup.exe file.  After install it in my computer i can
see there are svn, svnadmin, svndumpfilter, etc... inside directory
subvision\bin\.  However when I double click on one of those icons, the dos
window pop up and quickly disssapeared.  I know the svn is the command-line
client where I can checkout the codes but how do I go there? Did I do
something wrong here? Please help..

thx
EthanQuynh

Re: install subversion

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@softlanding.com>.
EthanQuynh <p_...@hotmail.com> wrote on 04/10/2006 03:52:06 PM:

> I am new to subversion, I'm trying to install it in my computer by
> extracting svn-1.3.0-setup.exe file.  After install it in my computer i
can
> see there are svn, svnadmin, svndumpfilter, etc... inside directory
> subvision\bin\.  However when I double click on one of those icons, the
dos
> window pop up and quickly disssapeared.  I know the svn is the
command-line
> client where I can checkout the codes but how do I go there? Did I do
> something wrong here? Please help..

If you want to use a command line client you have to do it from a command
line.  Open the Windows command prompt and type svn help.

More likely, you should download and use the Windows GUI -- TortoiseSVN:

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

Mark