Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by don clasen <dc...@yahoo.com> on 2000/06/14 14:16:12 UTC

Events

Looking for an opinion:

In preparing the event handler support, should we
include events that are browser-version specific or
only events supported in accordance with HTML 4, DOM 1
(or upcoming 2)?

DC

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com

Re: Events

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
don clasen wrote:

> Looking for an opinion:
>
> In preparing the event handler support, should we
> include events that are browser-version specific or
> only events supported in accordance with HTML 4, DOM 1
> (or upcoming 2)?

My personal preference would be to stick with the events supported in
the standard, to encourage good HTML coding practices.  I'm not sure if
this attitude is realistic, though.

Note -- the custom tag implementation class can be aware of the browser
it is generating code for, because it has access (through the page
context) to the underlying request, and therefore to the "User-Agent"
header.

> DC

Craig