Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/15 16:31:52 UTC

Opening several database connections on the same registry

Hi all

Can you help me with my hivemind registry? I'm trying to configure several
connection pools to the same server, only the database name changes. When I
had one pool, this worked like a charm, now that I have several Tapestry is
complaining about the creation of the ASO. I think this is my syntax that.
Could you give me a hand finding out whats wrong?

The xml is below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<module id="dbcp" version="1.0.0">

    <service-point id="GeneralPool" interface="javax.sql.DataSource">
        <invoke-factory>
            <construct class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
                <set property="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
"/>
                <set property="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/Universal?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull"/>
                <set property="username" value="webmaster"/>
                <set property="password" value="webmaster"/>
                <set property="removeAbandoned" value="true"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
    </service-point>

    <service-point id="DicIP" interface="javax.sql.DataSource">
        <invoke-factory>
            <construct class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
                <set property="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
"/>
                <set property="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/DicIP?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull"/>
                <set property="username" value="webmaster"/>
                <set property="password" value="webmaster"/>
                <set property="removeAbandoned" value="true"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
    </service-point>

    <service-point id="DicPI" interface="javax.sql.DataSource">
        <invoke-factory>
            <construct class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
                <set property="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
"/>
                <set property="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/DicPI?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull"/>
                <set property="username" value="webmaster"/>
                <set property="password" value="webmaster"/>
                <set property="removeAbandoned" value="true"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
    </service-point>

    <service-point id="DicPP" interface="javax.sql.DataSource">
        <invoke-factory>
            <construct class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
                <set property="driverClassName" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
"/>
                <set property="url"
value="jdbc:mysql://localhost/DicPP?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull"/>
                <set property="username" value="webmaster"/>
                <set property="password" value="webmaster"/>
                <set property="removeAbandoned" value="true"/>
            </construct>
        </invoke-factory>
    </service-point>

    <contribution configuration-id="tapestry.state.ApplicationObjects">
        <state-object name="User" scope="session">
            <create-instance class="pt.te.universal.agc.backend.models.User
"/>
          </state-object>
    </contribution>

    <contribution configuration-id="tapestry.url.ServiceEncoders">
        <page-service-encoder id="page" extension="html" service="page"/>
    </contribution>

    <contribution configuration-id="tapestry.url.ServiceEncoders">
          <extension-encoder id="extension" extension="do" after="*"/>
    </contribution>
</module>

--
Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

Re: Opening several database connections on the same registry

Posted by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I've managed to fix it. It was just a dumb typo, a mistake on my part. But
when you're looking at XML, it gets hard to see whats happening. :)