Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Debra Mendelson, CCE" <de...@birthworks.org> on 2002/12/04 14:31:24 UTC

Tomcat as Win2k service vs ModJk

I recently installed Tomcat 4.1.16 behind Apache HTTPD 2.0.42 using mod_jk
to connect them together.  It works fine except for the fact that I need to
actually logon to windows and start tomcat manually.

Is it possible to have tomcat come up automatically as a service?

As an alternative I am thinking of switching from mod_jk to mod_webapp in
hopes that apache via mod_webapp would launch tomcat for me.  My problem was
that I visited the download site:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/release/v1
.2.0/bin/win32/ but nothing was there.  Is there a place to download the
mod_webapp binaries for windows?

Re: Tomcat as Win2k service vs ModJk

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
See:
http://www.mattkelli.com/tech/tomcat/ntservice.htm

And mod_webapp is deprecated and not being developed anymore.  The
recommendation is to use mod_jk or mod_jk2

Jake