Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yansheng Lin <ya...@isogis.com> on 2089/10/22 23:56:26 UTC

RE: Java/JSP/Servlet Programmer

Hi,
Thanks for posting this kind of stuff!  As a newbie, it's been an eye opener.
But maybe it would be nicer if you can prefix you subject title with [Friday] or
something:).

BTW, I don't think your questions are too unreasonable.  Even though I didn't
know the answers when I first saw it:).

Thanks!

Posted by Walter Truitt <wa...@alcatel.com>.
You shouldn't need to have APR, since it is included in apache 2.0.49.

Here, I will try to duplicate your issue.  I have a system running
Redhat 9.

cd /home/wtruitt/src
gzip -cd ../downloads/httpd-2.0.49.tar.gz | tar xf -
cd httpd-2.0.49
sh configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2049 --enable-so
make
su -c 'make install'
su -
cd /usr/local
gzip -cd /home/wtruitt/downloads/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19.tar.gz | tar xf -
chown -R wtruitt:wtruitt jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19
exit
cd /home/wtruitt/src
gzip -cd ../downloads/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-src-2.0.4.tar.gz | tar xf -
cd jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.4-src/jk/native2
sh configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apach2049/bin/apxs
make
cd ..
su -c 'cp -p build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk2.so /usr/local/apache2049/modules'
cd /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19
bin/startup.sh
su -
cd /usr/local/apache2049/conf
# create workers2.properties
cat <<EOF >workers2.properties
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

[uri:/servlets-examples/*]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
EOF
# edit httpd.conf to add the following line
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

This worked for me.  I will have to look into the jni stuff that
someone else mentioned.

 -walter

From: Giorgio Ponza <gi...@opla.it>
Subject: AGAIN jk2 2.0.4 compile