Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Neil Griffin <ne...@portletfaces.org> on 2018/06/16 01:07:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Portals Pluto 3.0.1 (Second Attempt)

Dear Apache Portals Pluto Team and community,

It took me a few weeks to find room in my schedule, but thanks to Woonsan's helpful advice I've staged another candidate for the new Apache Portals Pluto 3.0.1
release.

This release candidate includes:

* Fully compliant Reference Implementation of the new Portlet 3.0 Specification per JCR-362
      https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=362
* Fully completed (and corrected) TCK (Test Compatibility Kit) for Portlet Spec 3.0
* Updated portlet-api with associated Javadoc improvements
* General bugfixes
* Updated archetypes

Please review the release candidate for this project which is found in the following maven staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-1022/

As Woonsan asked, the source and other artifacts have been made available at the /dist/dev directory:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/portals/pluto/

(These files will be promoted to /dist/release if the vote passes)

The Release Notes are available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10560&version=12338908

The KEYS file to verify the release artifacts signature can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/portals/pluto/KEYS

Please review the release candidates and vote on releasing Apache Portals Pluto 3.0.1

REMINDER: According to the following policy:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
   "Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED to download all
    signed source code packages onto their own hardware, verify that they meet
    all requirements of ASF policy on releases as described below, validate all
    cryptographic signatures, compile as provided, and test the result on their
    own platform."

Seeing as how I am sending this on a Friday again, the normal vote of 72 hours
seems unreasonable. Therefore I would like to extend the vote to 96 hours.

Please cast your vote:

[ ] +1 for Release
[ ]  0  for Don't care
[ ] -1 Don't release (do provide a reason then)

Best Regards to all,

Neil

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Portals Pluto 3.0.1 (Second Attempt)

Posted by David S Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
+1 for Release

Tested:
* builds from source
* binary distribution runs
* Verified CVE-2015-1926 is no longer an issue

--
David S Taylor
707 529-9194

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Portals Pluto 3.0.1 (Second Attempt)

Posted by Neil Griffin <ne...@portletfaces.org>.
Apache Portals Team and community,

This release is accepted with the following votes:

  +1 Ralph Goers
  +1 Scott Nicklous
  +1 Woonsan Ko
  +1 David S Taylor

Thank you all for voting!

We will promote the release candidates to the Maven Central Repository and upload the source and binary distributions to the official download area.

An announcement about the new release will be send out as soon as the Pluto website is updated and the source and binary distributions have been mirrored.

Best regards to all,

Neil

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 for Release

Signatures verified.
Maven build (`mvn clean install') and test work fine on my machine
(Oracle JDK 1.8.0_144 on OSX) in projects:
- pluto-3.0.1 (the root folder)
- maven-archetypes/bean-portlet-archetype
- maven-archetypes/generic-portlet-archetype

I don't believe this affects the release, but the apache-rat checks
should be improved a little bit. I left the detail in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLUTO-718.
Also, please correct the typo ("JCR" -> "JSR"; I love "JCR" though.
;-)) in https://github.com/apache/portals-pluto/blob/master/RELEASE-PROCEDURE.txt#L338.

Woonsan

Posted by Vernon Singleton <vs...@gmail.com>.
Also, not sure if my vote counts, but

+1

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1 binding

Ralph

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Scott Nicklous <Sc...@de.ibm.com>.
+1 for the release. Signatures, build from sources, and binaries tested ok.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / Kind regards,
Scott Nicklous

WebSphere Portal Standardization Lead & Technology Consultant
Specification Lead, JSR 362 Portlet Specification 3.0
IBM Commerce, Digital Experience Development

Phone: +49-7031-16-4808 / E-Mail:scott.nicklous@de.ibm.com /  Schoenaicher
Str. 220, 71032 Boeblingen, Germany
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz / Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294

Neil Griffin <ne...@portletfaces.org> wrote on 18.06.2018 14:32:06:

> From: Neil Griffin <ne...@portletfaces.org>
> To: Portals PMC <pr...@portals.apache.org>, Martin Scott Nicklous
> <Sc...@de.ibm.com>
> Cc: pluto-dev@portals.apache.org
> Date: 18.06.2018 14:32
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Portals Pluto 3.0.1 (Second Attempt)
>
> @Scott: I just added them to SVN and also updated the release
instructions:
> INVALID URI REMOVED

u=https-3A__github.com_apache_portals-2Dpluto_commit_e99b97a2b9b3a5b58f872a2188af7d01f4167520&d=DwIG-

> g&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=jfm8Yr1jypXZJcSb-

aqI9jtWvJLt5nRsujwGcO8bag4&m=lfKOBlSbstZcjrlVjDAVLQ7kFNVB8GbOrWn6izlO_Z8&s=Ts_J-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > Dear Apache Portals Pluto Team and community,
> >
> > It took me a few weeks to find room in my schedule, but thanks to
> Woonsan's helpful advice I've staged another candidate for the new
> Apache Portals Pluto 3.0.1
> > release.
> >
> > This release candidate includes:
> >
> > * Fully compliant Reference Implementation of the new Portlet 3.0
> Specification per JCR-362
> > INVALID URI REMOVED
> u=https-3A__www.jcp.org_en_jsr_detail-3Fid-3D362&d=DwIG-
> g&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=jfm8Yr1jypXZJcSb-

aqI9jtWvJLt5nRsujwGcO8bag4&m=lfKOBlSbstZcjrlVjDAVLQ7kFNVB8GbOrWn6izlO_Z8&s=KEi-

> XeZyR2IpxW-2wh0oDVyxjD7IGa3xTWMaMYnFAKw&e=
> > * Fully completed (and corrected) TCK (Test Compatibility Kit) for
> Portlet Spec 3.0
> > * Updated portlet-api with associated Javadoc improvements
> > * General bugfixes
> > * Updated archetypes
> >
> > Please review the release candidate for this project which is
> found in the following maven staging repository:
> > INVALID URI REMOVED

u=https-3A__repository.apache.org_content_repositories_orgapacheportals-2D1022_&d=DwIG-

> g&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=jfm8Yr1jypXZJcSb-

aqI9jtWvJLt5nRsujwGcO8bag4&m=lfKOBlSbstZcjrlVjDAVLQ7kFNVB8GbOrWn6izlO_Z8&s=VDZHZcIfe7jLp_fAwGvuZvpd3nMXb9qj24aw0qpqVOI&e=

> > As Woonsan asked, the source and other artifacts have been made
> available at the /dist/dev directory:
> > INVALID URI REMOVED
> u=https-3A__dist.apache.org_repos_dist_dev_portals_pluto_&d=DwIG-
> g&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=jfm8Yr1jypXZJcSb-

aqI9jtWvJLt5nRsujwGcO8bag4&m=lfKOBlSbstZcjrlVjDAVLQ7kFNVB8GbOrWn6izlO_Z8&s=TFHzO4n9nucNr-

> zxaTqd1839ijyQL1LQc3tHIYDYIN8&e=
> >
> > (These files will be promoted to /dist/release if the vote passes)
> >
> > The Release Notes are available here:
> > INVALID URI REMOVED

u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_secure_ReleaseNote.jspa-3FprojectId-3D10560-26version-3D12338908&d=DwIG-

> g&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=jfm8Yr1jypXZJcSb-

aqI9jtWvJLt5nRsujwGcO8bag4&m=lfKOBlSbstZcjrlVjDAVLQ7kFNVB8GbOrWn6izlO_Z8&s=wiFPc0A-

> rcfNFyfxtMpzkd5tj9yWND7J_AMJUUP-gws&e=
> >
> > The KEYS file to verify the release artifacts signature can be found
here:
> > INVALID URI REMOVED
> u=https-3A__dist.apache.org_repos_dist_release_portals_pluto_KEYS&d=DwIG-
> g&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=jfm8Yr1jypXZJcSb-

aqI9jtWvJLt5nRsujwGcO8bag4&m=lfKOBlSbstZcjrlVjDAVLQ7kFNVB8GbOrWn6izlO_Z8&s=qxbjptfBI0H4o1vqpmwJszkVo_0YCquq7xuwxm2kn0A&e=

u=http-3A__www.apache.org_legal_release-2Dpolicy.html-23release-2Dapproval&d=DwIG-

> g&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=jfm8Yr1jypXZJcSb-

aqI9jtWvJLt5nRsujwGcO8bag4&m=lfKOBlSbstZcjrlVjDAVLQ7kFNVB8GbOrWn6izlO_Z8&s=gpCESJLnWHUj6NaJSDoyo8mq1yPeIRGDFyHc6EEjG8Q&e=

Posted by Neil Griffin <ne...@portletfaces.org>.
@Scott: I just added them to SVN and also updated the release instructions:
https://github.com/apache/portals-pluto/commit/e99b97a2b9b3a5b58f872a2188af7d01f4167520