Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/27 02:35:14 UTC

CI job for tomee-7.0.x

Hi All,

Today I set up a CI job for tomee 7.0.x.
I initially set up Java 7 but I got the "Unsupported major.minor version
52.0" error so the job currently uses Java 8 and maven 3.3.9.
The current branch status is here
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Tomee/job/tomee-7.0.x/3/

One of the failing test is because one of the examples requires the usage
of 7.0.8-SNAPSHOT:zip:plus.
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/tomee-7.0.x/examples/connector-ear/connector-sample-functional-tests/src/test/java/org/superbiz/moviefun/DeployInWebAppsDirectoryTest.java#L108
I'll open a JIRA and a Patch for that test.

The second failing test trowed a: [Fatal Error] :8:23: Invalid byte 2 of
2-byte UTF-8 sequence. error.
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Tomee/job/tomee-7.0.x/org.superbiz$moviefun-functional-test/3/testReport/junit/org.superbiz.moviefun/MoviesArquillianHtmlUnitTest/org_superbiz_moviefun_MoviesArquillianHtmlUnitTest/
If someone wants to take a swing on this, feel free to pick it up. Remember
to create a JIRA and notify the mailing list to avoid duplication of work.

The thrid failing test: javax.ws.rs.NotSupportedException: HTTP 415
Unsupported Media Type
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Tomee/job/tomee-7.0.x/org.superbiz$tomee-webprofile-embedded/3/testReport/junit/org.superbiz.movie/MovieServiceTest/addMovie/

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: CI job for tomee-7.0.x

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Jenkis job and github actions for apache/tomee-7.0.x are both green now
with full tests  passing :) [1] [2]

During the process, I identified that GitHub actions default maven
settings.xml doesn't play nicely with shrinkwrap-resolve [3] so the
workaround was to override the instance settings.xml with a vanilla one [4]
as part of the Actions file.

I'll open a new thread for both Jenkins PR and Master branch CI since this
one is still not green.

[1] https://github.com/apache/tomee/runs/1579968827?check_suite_focus=true
[2] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Tomee/job/tomee-7.0.x/17/
[3] Exception: Unable to get security configuration from
/home/runner/.m2/settings-security.xml
[4]
https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/b39ec68871f8f0efc7c96b44a123d22e938bc893#diff-7829468e86c1cc5d5133195b5cb48e1ff6c75e3e9203777f6b2e379d9e4882b3R31-R36

--