Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Christophe Salperwyck <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/21 18:38:26 UTC

Machine Learning: Flink and MOA

Hi guys,

I know there is FlinkML to do some machine learning with Flink but it works
on DataSet and not on DataStream, there is also SAMOA which can run on
Flink but I find it a bit too complicated.

I wanted to see if it would be easy to plug directly MOA on Flink and tried
to present it in the DataKRK meetup, but I didn't have time at the end of
the presentation... Nevertheless I spent a bit of time plugging Flink and
MOA and I thought it might be worth sharing it in case it would be
interesting for someone. I also take this opportunity to get some feedback
on it from people in the Flink community if they have a bit of time to
review it.

Here is the code:
https://github.com/csalperwyck/moa-flink-ozabag-example
https://github.com/csalperwyck/moa-flink-traintest-example

Many Flink methods were very convenient to plug these 2 tools :-)

Keep the good work!

Cheers,
Christophe
PS: if some people are in bigdatatechwarsaw and interested, we can discuss
tomorrow :-)

Re: Machine Learning: Flink and MOA

Posted by Christophe Salperwyck <ch...@gmail.com>.
 Hello Theodore,

Glad to hear that there is an interest in plugging MOA with Flink!

Which part/type of classifiers of MOA would you want to plug with Flink?
Let me know if you want to discuss in more details.

I guess some windowing function of MOA would be better implemented as Flink
Windows (performance evaluation I would say at first). We would need to
speak with Albert to see how this could be handled (change some MOA code?).

Regards,
Christophe

Posted by Theodore Vasiloudis <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello Christophe,