Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz> on 2004/04/13 10:42:57 UTC

[collections] assorted trivial javadoc patches

Hi all,

I recently took the time to have a good look at the new collections
library. It looks really really good - consistent, well-named,
comprehensive. Congrats to all involved.

I have a few minor javadoc patches to offer, the sort of things that (as
a newbie to collections) might have saved me a wee bit of
head-scratching. Feel free to adopt or ignore as you wish.

BidiMap: It wasn't until I got to the "put" method that I discovered the
major restriction of this class (no duplicate values). I thought that
this should perhaps have been mentioned up front.

BoundedCollection: Users don't normally use this class directly, but
instead use CollectionUtils.maxSize(coll), right? So it would be nice to
have a link to that method.

UnmodifiableBoundedCollection: the thought of a BoundedCollection
"losing" its boundedness when decorated is scary. What's really meant is
simply that the interface becomes inaccessable, no?

Factory: because PrototypeFactory is not a "known subclass" of the
Factory interface, I was a little puzzled about the reference in the
ConstantFactory class to "the prototype factory". I think a link would
make things clearer.

Regards,

Simon

Re: [collections] assorted trivial javadoc patches

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
I've pretty much applied these now, thanks.
Stephen