Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Danny Cranmer <da...@apache.org> on 2021/08/20 20:59:09 UTC

Scala 2.12 End to End Tests

Hello,

I am working on reviewing a PR [1] to add JSON support for the AWS Glue
Schema Registry integration. The module only builds for Scala 2.12 due to a
dependency incompatibility. The end-to-end tests have been implemented
using the newer Java framework rather than bash scripts. However, it
appears as though end-to-end tests are only run for Scala 2.11, therefore
the new tests are not actually being exercised. Questions:
- Please correct me if I am wrong here, E2E java tests are only run for
Scala 2.11 [2]?
- Is there a reason we are not running tests for Scala 2.11 AND Scala 2.12
- How do we proceed? I would be inclined with number 1, unless there is a
good reason not to, besides increase in time (they already take a long time)
  1. Enable ALL Scala 2.12 tests?
  2. Just run the new tests with Scala 2.12?
  3. Do not run the new tests

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/16513
[2]
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-end-to-end-tests/run-nightly-tests.sh#L264

Thanks,
Danny Cranmer.

Re: Scala 2.12 End to End Tests

Posted by Danny Cranmer <da...@apache.org>.
I have raised the Jira [1]. If no one picks this up I will try to find some
time next week to make a start.

Thanks.

Re: Scala 2.12 End to End Tests

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.