Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by trsvax <tr...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/22 14:26:28 UTC

tapestry.execution-mode default

I'm trying to use tapestry.execution-mode in a module and I get this if it's
not defined:

SEVERE: Symbol 'tapestry.execution-mode' is not defined.
SEVERE: Operations trace:
SEVERE: [ 1] Realizing service ExcludeVisitor
SEVERE: [ 2] Instantiating service ExcludeVisitor implementation via
com.trsvax.bootstrap.services.ExcludeVisitorImpl(Logger, String) (at
ExcludeVisitorImpl.java:15) via
com.trsvax.bootstrap.services.BootstrapModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at
BootstrapModule.java:46)

But the docs say this:

If the tapestry.execution-mode is not declared, Tapestry will automatically
look for the tapestry.production-modules parameter, because “production” is
the default tapestry.exection-mode value.

I took this to mean that if you don't set tapestry.execution-mode somehow
the value would be "production". Did I misinterpret the docs or is this a
bug?

Thanks
Barry

Re: tapestry.execution-mode default

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
tapestry.execution-mode is not a symbol but a system property which
defaults to production. Please the the line 101 here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/tapestry-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/TapestryFilter.java?view=markup

It is only used to load execution mode specific modules. It is not exposed
as a symbol.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM, trsvax <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use tapestry.execution-mode in a module and I get this if
> it's
> not defined:
>
> SEVERE: Symbol 'tapestry.execution-mode' is not defined.
> SEVERE: Operations trace:
> SEVERE: [ 1] Realizing service ExcludeVisitor
> SEVERE: [ 2] Instantiating service ExcludeVisitor implementation via
> com.trsvax.bootstrap.services.ExcludeVisitorImpl(Logger, String) (at
> ExcludeVisitorImpl.java:15) via
> com.trsvax.bootstrap.services.BootstrapModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at
> BootstrapModule.java:46)
>
> But the docs say this:
>
> If the tapestry.execution-mode is not declared, Tapestry will automatically
> look for the tapestry.production-modules parameter, because “production” is
> the default tapestry.exection-mode value.
>
> I took this to mean that if you don't set tapestry.execution-mode somehow
> the value would be "production". Did I misinterpret the docs or is this a
> bug?
>
> Thanks
> Barry

Best regards,