Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2014/10/01 23:29:10 UTC

Restart demos everyday

Hi,

I had a short discussion with Pierre Smits today.
Currently we (I think I decided actually) daily restart a demo (one of the 3) only when (at least) a change has been committed.
I took this decision because I did not see a reason to always restart daily and it's sometimes good to keep more than one day of tests done (data kept).
Pierre suggested to restart all the demos daily rather. Because Pierre says some persons are (unintentionally I guess) screwing them sometimes.

What do you think?

Jacques

Re: Restart demos everyday

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is done. So now the demos are all restarted every night at 3. By restart I mean "clean the data and rebuild from scratch".

Jacques
PS: the old demo (R12.04) is currently restarting...

Re: Restart demos everyday

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
I agree the demos need to be rebuilt daily to revert changes made by users.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Re: Restart demos everyday

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
With "restart", I guess you mean "clean the data and rebuild from scratch".

I think it is a good idea to run this process daily (especially if you can schedule it).

Jacopo