Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/02 22:43:29 UTC

Re: Weekly: Geronimo 1.2-447908

On Sep 21, 2006, at 1:51 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> We have our first of hopefully a long line of weekly builds published
> to the Geronimo unstable directory.  This is still a fairly manual
> process, but I'm about half way through updating David Blevins'
> publish script.
>
> So now for the guilt trip... I've done my part and spent all day
> working on getting the binaries published and now it is your turn.
> Let's all pretend that this is a real release and spend a few minutes
> reviewing the binaries.

I took a look at the binaries in http://people.apache.org/dist/
geronimo/unstable/1.2-450299/ (I couldn't find a discussion thread
that matched).

A few things:

the license and notice files are missing a few updates from 1.1.1.
I'll raise a jira.

the download is 11 megs larger than the corresponding 1.1.1 download.
When unpacked, the repository directory is ~ 13 megs larger than the
1.1.1 repo...

--kevan

Re: Weekly: Geronimo 1.2-447908

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Oct 2, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2006, at 1:51 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> We have our first of hopefully a long line of weekly builds published
>> to the Geronimo unstable directory.  This is still a fairly manual
>> process, but I'm about half way through updating David Blevins'
>> publish script.
>>
>> So now for the guilt trip... I've done my part and spent all day
>> working on getting the binaries published and now it is your turn.
>> Let's all pretend that this is a real release and spend a few minutes
>> reviewing the binaries.
>
> I took a look at the binaries in http://people.apache.org/dist/
> geronimo/unstable/1.2-450299/ (I couldn't find a discussion thread
> that matched).

Check the users list.

-dain