Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2003/11/22 23:30:29 UTC

[website][patch] Add instructions for setting up mail to newbie.xml

Attached is a patch to jakarta-site2/xdocs/newbie.xml that adds
instructions on how to set up .forward and also ssh tunnelling to
send/receive from apache accounts.

Phil

Re: [website][patch] Add instructions for setting up mail to newbie.xml

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
(i know that people have different opinions about decanting content
from jakarta upwards but i'm not sure anyone feels strongly enough to
force votes but)

when people are moving material from the jakarta site to the main ASF
site could they please ensure that they include an URL to the newer
material. i know that this is a PITA but it's important that we both
retain the integrity of the information in the site and also the
jakarta site urls (since they are extensively linked from inside and
outside).

BTW phil as a jakarta committer you're entitled to site karma (if you
wish).

- robert

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:06:34 -0700
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>

>>I did make the patch and posted it in an email to infrastructure@ on
>>11/23.  It has not been applied.

Darn!  I referenced the wrong post.  I got some feedback and incorporated
that in a revised patch submitted 11/26.  Attached is a patch against the
current head that makes the suggested changes.

> Please cross-check.
>

>>If we do get this applied, we should change the Jakarta Newbie page to
>>point to this for mail account setup questions.
>

> Added.

What I meant was to change the link on newbie.html to point to the new
section on the apache site.  I guess its OK to duplicate, but the comments
about sending from apache accounts should probably provide a reference to
apache.org/dev/committers.html

Thanks for applying the patch and sorry for my mistake with the reference.

Phil

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Phil Steitz wrote:

> I did make the patch and posted it in an email to infrastructure@ on
> 11/23.  It has not been applied.

Okey. Applied. Many thanks.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> Hi, Phil and all.
>
> Did you make it? If you failed, I think i can
> apply the patch for it (I am *not* subscribing to
> infrastructure@, now).

I did make the patch and posted it in an email to infrastructure@ on
11/23.  It has not been applied.

I am attaching the patch to site/xdocs/dev/committers.xml that I created
on 11/22.

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hi, Phil and all.

Did you make it? If you failed, I think i can
apply the patch for it (I am *not* subscribing to
infrastructure@, now).

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

P.S. You can edit .forward (or .qmail) via not only "vi" but
also "emacs", as a matter of course :-)

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:37:06 -0700
(Subject: Re: [website][patch] Add instructions for setting up mail to newbie.xml)

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.