Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM> on 2005/08/17 19:44:32 UTC

trackback auto-discovery

I have a new macro that i'd like to throw into the weblog.vm file.  It displays an html comment which is used for trackback auto-discovery.  The idea is that above each entry you would put #showTrackbackAutodiscovery($entry) and you get this nice little html comment.

When you have these embedded in the page then you can use a scriptlet to find them and auto populate the data for doing a trackback.  A scenerio would be ... I browse over to Dave's new post about Roller 2.0 screenshots and want to leave a trackback, so I hit my scriptlet and it automatically finds the trackback info and prepopulates a form which I can use to post to my weblog.  I have used this a number of times with MovableType and it's very convenient.

Anyone see any problems with this?

#**
 * Display a trackback auto-discovery comment for a WeblogEntry.
 **#
#macro( showTrackbackAutodiscovery $entry )
<!--
         xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"
         xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<rdf:Description
    rdf:about="$absBaseURL$entry.permaLink"
    trackback:ping="#showTrackbackURL($entry)"
    dc:title="$entry.title"
    dc:identifier="$absBaseURL$entry.permaLink"
    dc:subject="$entry.category.name"
    dc:description="$entry.title"
    dc:creator="$entry.website.user.userName"
    dc:date="$entry.pubTime" />
</rdf:RDF>
-->
#end

-- Allen

Re: trackback auto-discovery

Posted by Lance Lavandowska <la...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Has anyone checked to see if every Theme's Weblog template has an
RSS/Atom autodiscovery link?

Lance