Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Martin Hewitt <ma...@thenoi.se> on 2012/04/25 14:57:01 UTC

CouchDB & inspection

Hi all,

We're in the process of adding a load of instrumentation to our servers, apps and so on, and I was wondering if there's a way we can hook into CouchDB to extract basic inspection details like request duration, that sort of thing?

We're trying to make sure we can pinpoint where any bottlenecks appear, so measuring everything app-side, whilst simpler, doesn't quite give us the insight we're looking for.

Thanks,

Martin

Re: CouchDB & inspection

Posted by Nils Breunese <N....@vpro.nl>.
Martin Hewitt wrote:

> I haven't seen /_stats, that's a very useful link, thanks Robert.

Some more information here: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Runtime_Statistics

Nils.

 VPRO   www.vpro.nl

Re: CouchDB & inspection

Posted by Martin Hewitt <ma...@thenoi.se>.

Re: CouchDB & inspection

Posted by Martin Hewitt <ma...@thenoi.se>.
Righto, I'll look at the PID file. I'm using BigCouch and it seems that instance_start_time is always 0.

Not a problem since this inspection daemon will be on a per-server basis.

Thanks for the help!

Martin

Re: CouchDB & inspection

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.