Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Hu, Yiguang" <Yi...@stercomm.com> on 2006/09/18 23:34:47 UTC

User information access and cross context

I tried to access the user name from different context other than
/Jetspeed and failed.

Under /jetspeed, I can get the user name by
request.getUserPrincipal().getName();

How to access this information from another context ?

Thanks

Re: User information access and cross context

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Jacek Wiślicki z 2006-09-18 23:57 brzmiala:

>> How to access this information from another context ?
> JSR-168 isolates HTTPServletRequest and PortletRequest. Only
> PortletRequest holds this information (by a specification,
> HTTPServletRequest returns null from getUserPrincipal() in portal
> environments). On the other hand, PortletRequest are limitted to a
> portal context.
Please, ignore this. I was thinking of something else... :/

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
http://www.nauka-biznes.org.pl/jetspeed/portal/
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

Re: User information access and cross context

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Hu, Yiguang z 2006-09-18 23:34 brzmiala: