Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Stevens, Alan" <Al...@icn.siemens.com> on 2004/03/05 00:35:56 UTC

Running out of virtual memory

When running JMeter with a Loop Controller set to
"Forever", typically I can only run for about 30 to 40
minutes before my PC reports it is low on virtual memory
and that I should close some applications. JMeter then
seemingly locks up and I can hear ( and see ) repeated
disk accesses on my PC.

What I see with Task Manager is that java.exe is
taking 90+ MB of memory. I see my JMeter session
start with 30 MB and slowly use more and more.

When I kill JMeter from Task Manager, the java.exe
process is of course stopped and my PC wakes up.

Am I doing something wrong with JMeter, or does
the PC that I am running it from just not have enough
horsepower?

Alan