Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by olivier SAINT-EVE <lo...@laposte.net> on 2011/11/11 03:03:28 UTC

1st checkout of my life => network connection closed unexpectedly

hello,

I recently bought a synology NAS (DS110J).
  I would like to use subversion, so I installed SVN on the NAS,
following this tutorial:
[URL="http://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php/Step-by-step_guide_to_installing_Subversion#Test_the_operation_of_Subversion_on_your_Diskstation"]http://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php/Step-by-step_guide_to_installing_Subversion#Test_the_operation_of_Subversion_on_your_Diskstation[/URL].

I opened the port 3690 in TCP and UDP in my livebox, and in the NAS
(incoming & outgoing connections), but the result is always the same
when trying to achieve the checkout step of the tutorial : "SVN :
network connection closed unexpectedly"

the line I enter is that one :  svn co svn://<my address at
dyndns>:3690/svn_eclipse    /home/olivier/Documents/svn_SMS

later, I deactivated the NAS firewall, and also those of my linux
desktop computer.
same result.

can you help me?

olivier

PS : I tried to use a SVN iPhone client , but with the same error.
is my checkout command true(the directory of my SMS project in the NAS
is : /volume1/svn_eclipse/SMS)

Re: 1st checkout of my life => network connection closed unexpectedly

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Nov 10, 2011, at 22:13, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:

> indeed it can't talk to himself (with the command "svn co svn://localhost/svn_eclipse/SMS test3", from the NAS and where test3 doesn't exist.
> I obtain the same error message.
>
> maybe the rights are incorrects?

I don't know; could be.

What does the telnet test say?

Does the svnserve error log say anything interesting?

Re: 1st checkout of my life => network connection closed unexpectedly

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Nov 10, 2011, at 20:40, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:

> the local IP is 192.168.1.66, and the internet one is xxx.dyndns.org (where xxx is my name).
> I tried with the local IP and I obtain the same result.
>
> so we can try to make it work first : I agree with you.
>
> and I thank you for your quick answer.
>

> olivier
>
> ps:
> I already have open the port 3960 in my box (TCP+UDP)
>
> is it the port 3960 or 3690?

The port is 3690. Geoff made a typo in his reply.

Can you verify that the svnserve process is actually running on the synology nas?

Assuming you have shell access to the synology nas, can you ssh to it and run the svn co command there -- can it talk to itself?

What if you "telnet [synology-nas-ip] 3690" -- what response do you get?

Re: 1st checkout of my life => network connection closed unexpectedly

Posted by Geoff Hoffman <gh...@cardinalpath.com>.
> svn://<my address at dyndns>:3690/svn_eclipse

What is the IP of the NAS on your LAN? it has to work at svn://
192.168.1.105/ first, before you can get to it from the net via your DynDNS
url.

Once you verified that you can connect from a PC on your LAN... check your
internet device eg cable/DSL router (login as admin @ 192.168.1.1)?

You may need to create a 'Service' for 'SVN'=>3960-3960, often under
'Gaming'.

(example IPs)