Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Yuri Mizushima <yu...@yahoo-corp.jp> on 2022/03/10 09:09:12 UTC

Re: Add ledger relocation feature adhering to the placement policy

Any thoughts on this PR?

Yuri Mizushima
yumizush@yahoo-corp.jp

On 2022/02/21 19:40, "Yuri Mizushima" <yu...@yahoo-corp.jp> wrote:

Dear BookKeeper community,

I've created the PR of enhancement. I want to add a ledger relocation feature adhering to the ensemble placement policy.
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2931

In my understanding, we can get "not adhering" ledgers from log output.
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/release-4.14.4/bookkeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/bookkeeper/replication/Auditor.java#L1329-L1446
However, we can't recover the ensemble which isn't adhering to the placement policy directly.

I'll add the new bookkeeper shell command for the relocation feature in this PR.
I think the next step is asynchronous relocation, like the auto-recovery feature.

Could you please take a look? (Feel free to ask me any questions or suggestions, etc.)

Yuri Mizushima
yumizush@yahoo-corp.jp

Re: Add ledger relocation feature adhering to the placement policy

Posted by Yuri Mizushima <yu...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
Enrico

Thank you for your comment!
I'll check your and community members' feedback.

Yuri Mizushima
yumizush@yahoo-corp.jp

On 2022/03/10 19:26, "Enrico Olivelli" <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for sharing your patch.
I left some feedback on the PR

We need more eyes on the patch, it is a interesting work but it is a big patch

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.