Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca> on 2006/11/02 02:13:01 UTC

Backing out of 1.4 update?

Is there a way to convert a 1.4 working copy to the previous format?  I
installed 1.4x on a Windows machine that shares access to a drive with a
machine that's harder to update, and found that the older svn couldn't
read the working copy any more.  In this case I was able to check out a
new old-format working copy fairly easily, but that may be more
inconvenient sometimes.  Is there a way to downgrade a WC in place?

Duncan Murdoch

Re: Backing out of 1.4 update?

Posted by Kyle George <kg...@tcpsoft.com>.
On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> Is there a way to convert a 1.4 working copy to the previous format?  I
[snip]
> sometimes.  Is there a way to downgrade a WC in place?

AFAIK, no.  The wc conversion is one way (hence the big "WARNING" in the
relnotes: http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.4_releasenotes.html).

--
Kyle George