Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2006/04/24 09:54:06 UTC

Bearing down on Struts Action 1.3.2

After a lot of hard work (mostly by Wendy), we have a test release build
available for testing.  The purpose of this SNAPSHOT build is to get
some feedback on our new release creation process and general feedback
for the code.  The key information:

 Apache Maven 2 repository - http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
 Struts Action groupId - org.apache.struts.action
 Assembly snapshot -
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/struts/maven/trunk/nightly/struts-action/

This release will be the first with our new Maven 2 build and JIRA bug
ticket management.  I'm hoping to use JIRA to clearly reflect
outstanding issues and our general roadmap, rather than relying on
outstanding bugs listed in the release plan.  Therefore, the new 1.3.2
release plan:
 - http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsActionRelease132

Please take some time and start sifting through our JIRA tickets,
marking them against their target fix version.  As for the 1.3.2 release
itself, I'd like to roll it Thursday, so feedback on this snapshot will
be key to making that release on time.  I'm fully expecting we'll have a
GA 1.3.x release by JavaOne.

Thanks again Wendy and James!

Don

Re: Bearing down on Struts Action 1.3.2

Posted by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello;
I mail you to announce JSPTabControl project is created.

JSPTabControl is JSP taglib for manage tabs in your JSP. This taglib
generate tabs with "pure CSS tabs" technique (using "li" and "ul").
JSPtabControl give you several features :
1. tab control (body and header) and tab page (body and header) can be
easily customized with CSS.
2. titles of tab header page can be localized, by using Struts
AplicationResources or Resource Bundle file properties.
3. select a tab with JAVA code (for example in your action struts).
4. keep last tab selected after posting form.
5. set a state (INVISIBLE, READ-ONLY, FORBIDDEN, ERROR, ...) with JAVA code
for a particulary tab page :
    5.1. to manage render of tab page (header and body) by using CSS.
    5.2. to execute function javascript swith events (eg : when tab page has
FORBIDDEN state, you could execute javascrit message alert "You are not
authorized to access this tab!" when user click in this tab page).
You can manage any states. States are configurate (Style class and
Javascript to execute) into XML file.
 States can be used for exemple to manage role in your WEB Application.
6. use EL syntax (see JSTL specification) in JSPTabControl attributes taglib
(with, height,...) to evaluate JSP expressions dynamically.

You can find JSPTabControl  WEB site at
http://jsptabcontrol.sourceforge.net/ and download it at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=161371

Regards Angelo