Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/12 19:05:47 UTC

set number of maps in GridMix2

Hi,

1 - In the GridMix2, is it possible to configure the number of maps to
execute? For example, the small set of GridMix examples, always
execute 3 maps. The medium set, uses 30 Maps. Is it possible to
configure the number of maps?

2 - In GridMix2 the small sets use 3 maps, but the directory of the
correspondent input splits, contains, in my case, 499 part files. If
the number of maps to execute corresponds to the number of input
splits, how is possible to run 3 map when I've a directory with 499
input files?

Pedro