Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <ev...@ifrance.com> on 2003/10/02 12:57:29 UTC

non-core plugins site

Hi,

Maven was regenerated today and all plugins that moved from maven to
maven-plugins doesn't appears on the plugins list page.

Where users can find plugin documentation?

I think we should create a new page for non-core plugins, add a link in
the navigation tree and in the header.
Actually, we have a link "other plugins" in the header that link to
maven-plugins at sourceforge. We can link this to a page that list all
plugin site like that "powered by" page.

any comments?

Emmanuel

Un mot doux à envoyer? Une sortie ciné à organiser? Faites le en temps
réel avec MSN Messenger! C'est gratuit!   http://ifrance.com/_reloc/m

RE: non-core plugins site

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"Michal Maczka" <mm...@raay-cqs.com> wrote on 02/10/2003 09:19:11 PM:

> Other issue:
>
> Somebody has better idea for the layout of the page which lists all
> maven plug-ins?

I believe this is even raised as a bug.

> The usability of this page is clearly very poor (somebody already
> complained about it) and as for most of the plugins pom.Description =
> pom.shortDescripion the expanded information is useless at the moment.

Feel like volunteering to fix things up?

I did one pass at it.

> Maybe following page can give some inspiration?:
> http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclipse/plugins.jsp

Man, that page is boring!

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

RE: non-core plugins site

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@raay-cqs.com>.
Other issue:

Somebody has better idea for the layout of the page which lists all
maven plug-ins?

The usability of this page is clearly very poor (somebody already
complained about it) and as for most of the plugins pom.Description =
pom.shortDescripion the expanded information is useless at the moment.

Maybe following page can give some inspiration?:
http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclipse/plugins.jsp

Michal

"Emmanuel Venisse" <ev...@ifrance.com> wrote on 02/10/2003 08:57:29 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Maven was regenerated today and all plugins that moved from maven to
> maven-plugins doesn't appears on the plugins list page.
>
> Where users can find plugin documentation?

It's still there, just not linked to from the overview page.

> I think we should create a new page for non-core plugins, add a link in
> the navigation tree and in the header.
> Actually, we have a link "other plugins" in the header that link to
> maven-plugins at sourceforge. We can link this to a page that list all
> plugin site like that "powered by" page.
>
> any comments?

I like the idea of linking to the non-core plugins from the overview page,
and from the links.

I've started doing docs for maven-plugins, since noone else was. It's not
yet at the point where it can be deployed tho.

Maybe you could help with that?

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting