Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com> on 2002/07/10 17:55:45 UTC

Plan for Xerces-C++ 2.0.0

Hi all,

With so many changes implemented recently (e.g. DOM reorganization, new DOM
L3, 64 bit ... etc.), I think it's time to call for Xerces-C++ 2.0.

Please test your project files / build environment with the latest nightly
build (http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/), and please let us know
any bugs and leaks found so that we can fix them before releasing Xerces-C++
2.0.

Unless we hear any on-hold request, the target date for Xerces-C++ 2.0
should be end of July.

Thanks!

Regards,

Tinny Ng
XML Parsers Development
IBM Toronto Laboratory, email: tng-xml@ca.ibm.com

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 2.0.0

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Jason,

Let me see if we can do the chmod in our build script.  Thanks!

Tinny

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 2.0.0

Posted by Robert Buck <rb...@mathworks.com>.
At 11:55 AM 7/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>With so many changes implemented recently (e.g. DOM reorganization, new DOM
>L3, 64 bit ... etc.), I think it's time to call for Xerces-C++ 2.0.
>
>Please test your project files / build environment with the latest nightly
>build (http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/), and please let us know
>any bugs and leaks found so that we can fix them before releasing Xerces-C++
>2.0.
>
>Unless we hear any on-hold request, the target date for Xerces-C++ 2.0
>should be end of July.

Can you please add a fix to bug# 9083 / 9325 ? The two are related with
regards to having the capability to create custom sax parsers and scanners.
9083 is may be the cheapest solution and involves exporting many more
classes from the dll. The leg work is not yet done, but I could get that
done in a matter of two days or so, with testing, and then submit a patch.

Thoughts?

Bob

Re: Plan for Xerces-C++ 2.0.0

Posted by Alberto Massari <al...@exln.com>.
At 11.55 10/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>With so many changes implemented recently (e.g. DOM reorganization, new DOM
>L3, 64 bit ... etc.), I think it's time to call for Xerces-C++ 2.0.
>
>Please test your project files / build environment with the latest nightly
>build (http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/), and please let us know
>any bugs and leaks found so that we can fix them before releasing Xerces-C++
>2.0.

Can you please add the fix for bug# 7458 ("Schema validator does not
automatically associate the xml prefix to the
"http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" URI")? It's a bug that makes the
schema validator non-conformant, and a patch is already listed in the bug
report.

Alberto