Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Zongquan Liu <zo...@cisco.com> on 2012/02/14 09:59:29 UTC

How to set the background color of a cell? why my code can't work... I need some help!

Hi all,

I use POI 3.7 to create Excel files. However, when I decide to set the
background of the Excel file with following code:
FileInputStream ins = new FileInputStream(new
File("/driver/dir/myfile.xls"));
 Workbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(ins);
 for(int i=0; i< wb.getNumberOfSheets();i++){
	Sheet sheet = wb.getSheetAt(i);
	if(sheet!=null){
	   Row row = sheet.getRow(0);
	   Iterator<Cell> ct = row.iterator();
	   while(ct.hasNext()){
		Cell cell = (Cell) ct.next();
		if(cell!=null){
	       HSSFCellStyle hssfstyle = (HSSFCellStyle)
cell.getCellStyle();
		 hssfstyle.setFillBackgroundColor(HSSFColor.YELLOW.index);
		 hssfstyle.setFillPattern(HSSFCellStyle.SOLID_FOREGROUND);
		 cell.setStyle(hssfstyle);
		}
	  }
	}