Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Eduardo Nunes <es...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 01:26:09 UTC

How to deal with session in a modular application?

Hello guys,

  I'm developing a framework to build modular applications with
Guice+Wicket+Hibernate. My main problem now is how I must deal with
objects that must be saved in session in a modular environment. I want
some suggestions or tips to do it without dealing directly with the
httpsession. An example is a security module, it will define an
authentication service, authorization service and a security entity to
store user/password/roles in the database. This module must keep the
current user in the session. I don't want to create a wicket session
class that is directly connected to this module. Do you have some
suggestions?

Thanks,
Eduardo S. Nunes

Re: How to deal with session in a modular application?

Posted by Eduardo Nunes <es...@gmail.com>.
hehe, after think more about it I found a solution. As I'm using
Google Guice, I can create objects in Session scope, so instead of
have a wicket session I can have a session object per module,
something like

SecuritySession and inject this object when I need it, I just need to
figure out that I have to clean this object when the data inside of it
isn't necessary anymore, in this case it wont be necessary because the
session will be invalidated when the user logs off.

Thanks anyway,
Eduardo S. Nunes