Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "mayank.gupta" <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2014/05/27 14:11:38 UTC

Too many Connections are in CLOSE_WAIT state

I am using Camel-Http Component for creating HttpRoutes. I used
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager to configure http connection pool and
params. While executing the application , there are too many connections
remains in CLOSE_WAIT state for long time and connections which are idle are
not getting released.

Can you help us , how to close connections which are in CLOSE_WAIT state.

Following snippet code used to configure MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager
:

final int maxTotalConnection =
Integer.valueOf(PropertyUtils.getProperty("http.maxtotalconnections"));
final int defaultMaxConnectionPerHost =
Integer.valueOf(PropertyUtils.getProperty("http.default.max.total.connections.per.host"));
final int maxConnectionPerHost =
Integer.valueOf(PropertyUtils.getProperty("http.max.connection.per.host"));
final int httpSoTimeOut =
Integer.valueOf(PropertyUtils.getProperty("http.connection.timeout"));

final HttpConnectionManagerParams httpConnectionManagerParams = new
HttpConnectionManagerParams();
httpConnectionManagerParams.setMaxTotalConnections(maxTotalConnection);
httpConnectionManagerParams.setDefaultMaxConnectionsPerHost(defaultMaxConnectionPerHost);
httpConnectionManagerParams.setMaxConnectionsPerHost(HostConfiguration.ANY_HOST_CONFIGURATION,maxConnectionPerHost);
httpConnectionManagerParams.setSoTimeout(httpSoTimeOut);
final MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager httpConnectionManager = new
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
httpConnectionManager.setParams(httpConnectionManagerParams);

final HttpComponent http =
context.getComponent(BusinessConstants.HTTP_COMPONENT, HttpComponent.class);
http.setHttpConnectionManager(httpConnectionManager);

Http Headers that we have been used in Request XML :

Accept: text/xml
Authorization: Basic ZmRwcHJvdnVzZXI6ZmRwcHJvdnVzZXI=

Request : XML post over Http

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<methodCall>
 <methodName>GetFaFList</methodName>
  <params>

    <value>
     <struct>
      <member>
       <name>originNodeType</name>
       <value>
        <string>IVR</string>
       </value>
      </member>
      <member>
       <name>originHostName</name>
       <value>
        <string>ivr001</string>
       </value>
      </member>
      <member>
       <name>originTransactionID</name>
       <value>
        <string>566612</string>
       </value>
      </member>
      <member>
       <name>originTimeStamp</name>
       <value>
        <dateTime.iso8601>20080507T14:15:21+0200</dateTime.iso8601>
       </value>
      </member>
      <member>
       <name>subscriberNumber</name>
       <value>
        <string>8129149806</string>
       </value>
      </member>
      <member>
       <name>requestedOwner</name>
       <value>
        <int>1</int>
       </value>
      </member>
     </struct>
    </value>

  </params>
</methodCall>

Attach is CLOSE_WAIT connection on production environment , in which
10.2.48.9 is our host address and right side IPs are foreign host.

close_wait.png
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5751619/close_wait.png>

Regards ,
Mayank