Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org> on 2011/12/02 07:37:38 UTC

RE: [odfauthors-discuss] Chapter 1 of the Base Guide ready for publication

 1. The wiki has moved under ASF hosting, of course.  All of the previous content is still there.  See, e.g.,  <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters>.

 2. At the bottom of that page, however, is the new Wiki:Copyright Links. It is to this page: <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Wiki:Copyrights>.  I am not sure how this works relative to pages that have an existing license statement for the page, but this seems to be relevant to your question: "In posting a new contribution, you are licensing that contribution under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (ALv2)."

 3. I am cross-posting this message to ooo-dev, since that is apparently where this approach was arrived at.  Perhaps there is an accommodation that allows Documentation | CC-BY License (not CC-BY-SA or CC-NC-SA) to still qualify. I would not assume that without obtaining some sort of explicit agreement.

 - Dennis

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<de...@acm.org> wrote:
> [ODFAuthors subscriber hat on]
>
> My understanding of the current state of LEGAL-96, <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-96> is that a concrete case is required.  I don't see one here unless the Apache OpenOffice project proposes to change the terms of use for the Wiki to say that all new contributions must be under category-A licenses.

Actually, so there is no uncertainty, that is exactly my proposal,
that all new contributions to the wiki are under Apache 2.0 license.

However, no objections to linking to non-ALv2 content hosted on other websites

-Rob

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.