Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2015/07/01 17:23:22 UTC

GSoC taverna mobile - how is the workflow upload

Hello,

@Larry just wondering how you are getting on with the workflow upload after our mails yesterday.

Cheers,

Ian

Re: GSoC taverna mobile - how is the workflow upload

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Larry,

Can you reproduce this with a small workflow and send the postJson ?

Alan

Re: GSoC taverna mobile - how is the workflow upload

Posted by Larry Akah <la...@gmail.com>.
The code is already on my repository.

Thanks

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
String.getBytes() is almost never OK, as it would depend on the locale's
character set. Always pass the character set as argument to getBytes (and
InputStreamReader/OutputStreamWriter, usually UTF8 is the best choice.

That said, I don't think that is the issue here..

RE: GSoC taverna mobile - how is the workflow upload

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

When I base64 encode the workflow that Larry is using (myexperiment.org/workflows/35) I get the following

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

If you look closely you can see that datajson.toString() seems to be encoding it for JSON. However I think it should just be the base64 encoded version as it is.

So,
datajson.put("document", "data:application/octet-stream;base64,"+Base64.encodeToString(sb.toString().getBytes(), Base64.DEFAULT)+"");

Is possibly OK

But

postJson.put("workflow",datajson.toString());

might be encoding the whole datajson bit.

Cheers,

Ian

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hello,

}

>                   postJson.toString()

Output: { "workflow":

Posted by Larry Akah <la...@gmail.com>.

> Hello,
>
> What is the output from
>
>                   datajson.toString()

Output: { "document":
"data:application\/octet-stream;base64,PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiPz48czpzY3VmbCB4bWxuczpzPSJo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\n"
}

>                   postJson.toString()

Output: { "workflow":

Posted by Ian Dunlop <Ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.