Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Jesus M. Rodriguez" <jm...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/25 22:43:18 UTC

Adding exchanges with SSL via qpid-config

We've got a qpid C++ broker configured for SSL, and have tried to add an
exchange using qpid-config.

Trying it without the -ssl options doesn't work (probably expected):

   qpid-config add exchange topic event

Trying it with various ssl options

   qpid-config --ssl-certificate=/etc/pki/pulp/qpid/client.pem --broker=
10.13.137.187:5671 add exchange topic events

I can get it working if I set require-encryption=no in /etc/qpidd.conf and
restart the broker. Then the qpid-config add exchange... command works. But
this is less than ideal.

I've searched quite a bit and all of the examples show how to setup qpid to
use SSL and standard qpid-config examples, but nothing that shows both.

Thoughts?

Sincerely,
jesus rodriguez

Re: Adding exchanges with SSL via qpid-config

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 06/25/2014 10:23 PM, Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
> UGH! that was it.

Great!

> We tried ssl:, tcp:, no protocol, and amqps never
> occurred to us.

Sorry! It isn't obvious I agree. And its different in c++ :/

Re: Adding exchanges with SSL via qpid-config

Posted by "Jesus M. Rodriguez" <jm...@gmail.com>.
Gordon,

UGH! that was it. We tried ssl:, tcp:, no protocol, and amqps never
occurred to us. Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
jesus

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.