Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Paul Querna <pq...@apache.org> on 2009/04/02 00:36:12 UTC

Subversion Server Changes -- GeoDNS now active on svn.apache.org

(note, this is sent April 2nd in my timezone -- this is not an April Fools Joke)

The Apache Infrastructure Team has activated geographic DNS based
balancing for svn.apache.org.

If everything works right, accessing Subversion will get faster for everyone.

This means if you are accessing svn.apache.org from London, you should
automatically be directed to the server in the Netherlands, but if you
are accessing it from Las Vegas, you should use the server in Oregon.

All repositories are mirrored, including private and tck repos.

If you have existing checkouts against the svn.eu.apache.org hostname,
I encourage you to use `svn switch` to use the automatic geolocation
url:
    svn switch --relocate https://svn.eu.apache.org/ https://svn.apache.org/

If you observe any problems, please don't hesitate to contact us on
infrastructure@apache.org or #asfinfra on Freenode IRC.

Thank You,

Paul Querna, on behalf of the ASF Infrastructure Team