Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Dr. Hans M. Rupp" <ha...@danet.de> on 2002/11/19 12:17:58 UTC

Sitemap redirect with target _top ?

Hallo!

I am sitting in a frameset (not my idea ;-). In a sitemap which handles
one frame I need to redirect to a url for the whole frameset (target =
"_top"). Unfortunately I cannot find a target attribute in the
map:redirect element. Is there any way to do this?

Many thanks,

Hans
Dr. Hans M. Rupp
danet Internet Solutions GmbH
Waldburgstr. 17-19
70563 Stuttgart
Germany

Fon +49 711 133 53 50
Fax +49 711 133 53 53

Re: Sitemap redirect with target _top ?

Posted by Erik Bruchez <er...@bruchez.org>.
I hate to give bad advice, but you may want to try to send a
"window-target" HTTP header with value "_top", or try the equivalent
meta tag in your HTML document:

   <META HTTP-EQUIV="Window-target" CONTENT="_top">

This used to work with Netscape 4.x but it is a sort of mystery, poorly
documented header that may or may not be supported in the future. If it
works, you may want to not rely on this for functionality that is
critical to your application.

-Erik

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@gmx.net>.
Hans,