Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ben <be...@tiscalinet.ch> on 2003/07/11 11:20:32 UTC

Does multiple modules work?

Hi there,

Question: Has anyone successfully worked with multiple modules? I experience
quite some problems, see below.

Cheers Ben

Re: Does multiple modules work?

Posted by Eugen Bushuev <bu...@lucky.net>.
Hi.
I have the same problem. Have you solved it?

? ?????????, ?.??????.

Re: Does multiple modules work?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
"ben" <be...@tiscalinet.ch> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Question: Has anyone successfully worked with multiple modules? I
experience
> quite some problems, see below.

Yes, modules work. I use them extensively.

You do need to make sure that you *always* go through the controller, and
don't go directly to JSP pages, and you need to use extension mapping (which
it looks like you're doing).

There is one pretty serious bug (#11932) that somehow got marked as LATER
instead of being fixed for Struts 1.1. It applies if you are using *both*
multiple modules and multiple message resource bundles. (I'll be checking in
the fix for it this weekend.) Other than that, modules work just fine.

By the way, you should really upgrade from 1.1rc2 to 1.1 Final. :-)

--
Martin Cooper