Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Hartmann <mh...@eyeloop.net> on 2005/03/07 16:01:26 UTC

Mobile Content and Rendering

Hello,
I was very happy to find through www.theserverside.com that Jiri Zaloudek,
had implemented a WML rendering kit for JSF. I'm currently researching the
possible integration between JSF and the multi channel approach of
delivering content to mobile devices. In particular I am looking into
integrating XHTML, SVG, XForms and device profile information (UAProf and
WURFL) into JSF.

I can't seem to find anybody though Google who are currently addressing the
issue except eXo
http://www.theserverside.com/tss?service=direct/0/NewsThread/threadViewer.ma
rkNoisy.link&sp=l28348&sp=l136261
but they are commercial and not opensource.

Therefore my plan is to make up for this and start out by implementing a
rendering kit for XHTML Basic and later on XHTML-MP (An extension to XHTML
Basic with Wireless CSS and a few more tags).
Later the plan is to integrate intelligent rendering (HTML 4.01, XHTML Basic
or XHTML-MP) based on User agents profiles by using WURFL
(http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/)

I would like to contribute the fruit of my labour to the MyFaces
implementation but as this is my first time to contribute to an open source
project any tips, ideas, critique, etc. would be much appreciated.

I'm always open to a discussion on the issue.

Venlig Hilsen \ Kind Regards,
Michael Hartmann

Kind Regards,

Michael Hartmann