Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@orange-ft.com> on 2006/11/07 17:58:36 UTC

Release doesn't pass args

Hi,
How do you pass an argument to your maven build when releasing ?
I have a project with 5 modules and I try to release it. My project
needs an argument that I pass using -Denv=dev.
It seems that when I use the release:prepare -Denv=dev my argument is
not passed to the maven build process since I have:

    Embedded error: You must set the env variable. For instance, mvn
-Denv=dev|prod ... displayed :(
 and the release stops with error code 1 with the following exception :

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Maven execution
failed, exit code: '1'
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:219)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
    at
    at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Maven
execution failed, exit code: '1'
    at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.execute(PrepareReleaseMojo.java:110)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
    at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
    ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.release.ReleaseExecutionException:
Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'
    at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.phase.RunGoalsPhase.execute(RunGoalsPhase.java:55)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.phase.RunGoalsPhase.simulate(RunGoalsPhase.java:65)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.DefaultReleaseManager.prepare(DefaultReleaseManager.java:135)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.execute(PrepareReleaseMojo.java:106)
    ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugins.release.exec.MavenExecutorException:
Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'
    at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.exec.ForkedMavenExecutor.executeGoals(ForkedMavenExecutor.java:95)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.exec.ForkedMavenExecutor.executeGoals(ForkedMavenExecutor.java:108)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugins.release.phase.RunGoalsPhase.execute(RunGoalsPhase.java:48)
    ... 21 more

What am I missing ?
Thanks
Emmanuel

Re: Release doesn't pass args

Posted by Emmanuel Hugonnet <eh...@orange-ft.com>.
Edwin Punzalan a écrit :

> [...]
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.plugins.release.DefaultReleaseManager.prepare(DefaultReleaseManager.java:135)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.plugins.release.PrepareReleaseMojo.execute(PrepareReleaseMojo.java:106)
>>
>>    ... 18 more
>> Caused by:
>> org.apache.maven.plugins.release.exec.MavenExecutorException: Maven
>> execution failed, exit code: '1'
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.plugins.release.exec.ForkedMavenExecutor.executeGoals(ForkedMavenExecutor.java:95)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.plugins.release.exec.ForkedMavenExecutor.executeGoals(ForkedMavenExecutor.java:108)
>>
>>    at
>> org.apache.maven.plugins.release.phase.RunGoalsPhase.execute(RunGoalsPhase.java:48)

This is working :-)
Thank you

Re: Release doesn't pass args

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.