Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by asif_zzz <as...@meteximtechnologies.com> on 2008/12/30 09:33:29 UTC

How to avoid cocoon-session-fw block deprecation warning message.

Hi,
im new to cocoon.im using Cocoon 2.1.10
I got this below warning message while running my application,

main WARN  deprecation - The session-fw block is deprecated. Please use the
provided alternatives instead.

I've used XSP's and CForms in my application.
I need to store some user information in session too.
Plz anyone tell me how to avoid this warning message in the application.

Regards,
Aashik

Re: How to avoid this cocoon-session-fw block deprecation warning message.

Posted by asif_zzz <as...@meteximtechnologies.com>.
Hi Mark,

Thanks For ur reply.
One Doubt,Just to know..
Is there any replacement for this deprecation block?? Suppose i use only
CFORMS.

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.
Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2009, at 12:41 AM, asif_zzz wrote:
>

>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> ok. Please dont mistake me if my questions are basic.
>> Another doubt,how can i access session object in java(Listener) class???
>> and how to get the cocoon context in java class??
>
> I don't know.

Maybe these discussions help:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg43717.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg43808.html

--
Andre H. Juffer              | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
The Biocenter and            | WWW: www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/

Re: How to avoid this cocoon-session-fw block deprecation warning message.

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.

Posted by asif_zzz <as...@meteximtechnologies.com>.
Hi Mark,

ok. Please dont mistake me if my questions are basic.
Another doubt,how can i access session object in java(Listener) class???
and how to get the cocoon context in java class??
In my scernario, I need to some ajax in my pages using listeners like
ValueChangedListener,ActionListener etc...

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Dec 31, 2008, at 3:10 AM, asif_zzz wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks For ur reply.
> One Doubt,Just to know..
> Is there any replacement for this deprecation block?? Suppose i use
> only
> CFORMS.

Flowscript is the usual way to drive CForms, and you have a couple of
options...

	• The cocoon.session object in the flow object model (setAttribute(),
getAttribute(), etc.)

	• Also, all global variables in Flowscript are stored in the
session.  This is probably the easiest, most transparent way to use
session state.

In the sitemap, you have:

	• the session attribute input module

	• Matchers and selectors that operate on a session variable

HTH,
—ml—

Re: How to avoid this cocoon-session-fw block deprecation warning message.

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Dec 30, 2008, at 12:32 AM, asif_zzz wrote:

> Hi,
> im new to cocoon.im using Cocoon 2.1.10
> I got this below warning message while running my application,
>
> main WARN  deprecation - The session-fw block is deprecated. Please
> use the
> provided alternatives instead.
>
> I've used XSP's and CForms in my application.
> I need to store some user information in session too.
> Plz anyone tell me how to avoid this warning message in the
> application.
>
> Regards,
> Aashik

IMHO, if you are using XSP then the idea of using the deprecated
"session-fw" should not bother you.  I think your best option is to
just ignore the warning! :-)

cheers,
—ml—