Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Wichmann <da...@perspectivetechnologies.com> on 2004/12/05 01:12:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with httpd 2.0.52 installation of rewrite/proxy modules on Red Hat 7.3

I am using the following config.nice file to configure my httpd
installation:

#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

CC="gcc"; export CC
"./configure" \
"--prefix=/usr/opt/apache" \
"--enable-modules='proxy rewrite'" \
"$@"

I expected the modules I added to be listed when I run the httpd -l command.
Instead I get this:

# httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

I am worried that this may be related to the following warning messages that
appear at the end of the output from the "make install" file:

Installing build system files
libtool: install: warning: `modules/proxy/mod_proxy.la' has not been
installed in `/opt/apache/modules'
libtool: install: warning: `modules/proxy/mod_proxy_connect.la' has not been
installed in `/opt/apache/modules'
libtool: install: warning: `modules/proxy/mod_proxy_ftp.la' has not been
installed in `/opt/apache/modules'
libtool: install: warning: `modules/proxy/mod_proxy_http.la' has not been
installed in `/opt/apache/modules'
libtool: install: warning: `modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.la' has not been
installed in `/opt/apache/modules'

I notice that the directory name in the above messages is missing first part
of the name (/usr). (In fact I have a symbolic link so that /opt/x is
actually /usr/opt/x -  and earlier I had tried --prefix=/opt/apache with
similar results.)

I will be very grateful if anybody can help with this problem.

Dave Wichmann