Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Reynolds <to...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/16 07:18:09 UTC

NetBeans Servlet Compilation & Deployment

Is there a basic reference on how to create a simple servlet with NetBeans 4.1 and deploy it to Tomcat?
I created a project in NetBeans choosing Samples->Web->Tomcat Servlet Example, and yet it does not create a WAR file on compilation.
And of course once I'm past that I have to figure out how to edit the XML file, I gather.
I need a reference that will hold me by the hand and walk me through it once to kick start me.
After that I think I can make it without having to ask such newbie questions.

Re: NetBeans Servlet Compilation & Deployment

Posted by Mike Reynolds <to...@yahoo.com>.
Mike Reynolds <to...@yahoo.com> wrote:  I created a project in NetBeans choosing Samples->Web->Tomcat Servlet Example, and yet it does not create a WAR file on compilation.
Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!I ment to say, it creates a JAR file instead of a WAR file.

 Yahoo! Mail