Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Addi <ad...@rocktreesky.com> on 2005/10/05 15:31:53 UTC

Changing the Day of Forrest Tuesday?

I know this has been discussed before and I wanted to raise the topic
again now, so we have time to discuss and decide before next month.

I have great difficulty partaking on a weekday because I cannot access
IRC from within my DCN at work which means I have to hop off to an
outside wireless to join, but then I can't work effectively.  I normally
have a few hours in the evening, but if something comes up - either
working late or home matters, like last night, then my only window is
gone.  Personally, weekends would work much better for me since I am a
lot more flexible then - even Fridays because then I can burn the
midnight oil and know it won't burn me the next day.  I know that for
others though, workdays are more flexible and personal life space is
harder to manage, so I know there is no perfect solution.

Anyway, just reviving it for discussion so we can determine whether or
not the community wants to move FT to another day of the week.

- Addi

Re: Changing the Day of Forrest Tuesday?

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>El vie, 14-10-2005 a las 10:04 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
>

>>David Crossley wrote:
>>

>>>So i suggest that we have ours on the second Friday
>>>of each month. Any objections or better ideas?
>>>

>>Fine by me.
>>

>first is better to remember. ;-)
>
>+1

Ok,

So it's today :-P .

Cyriaque,

Re: Changing the Day of Forrest Tuesday?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El vie, 14-10-2005 a las 10:04 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > So i suggest that we have ours on the second Friday
> > of each month. Any objections or better ideas?
>
> Fine by me.

first is better to remember. ;-)

+1
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Changing the Day of Forrest Tuesday?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> So i suggest that we have ours on the second Friday
> of each month. Any objections or better ideas?

Fine by me.

Ross

Re: Changing the Day of Forrest Tuesday?

Posted by Addi <ad...@rocktreesky.com>.
David Crossley wrote:

>Well it seems that Friday is the decision.
>Now to decide which Friday.
>
>Cocoon don't seem to do theirs anymore. Pity.
>Anyway if it ever revives then it would be
>first Friday.
>
>So i suggest that we have ours on the second Friday
>of each month. Any objections or better ideas?
>
>-David

Works for me.

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 05 October 2005 4:38 pm, David Crossley wrote:
> I can do it anytime. Going from experience, i reckon
> that option 3 will work best.

Weekends are generally better for me (not that I've been participating heavily
in the past tuesdays!) :)

--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net
On Apache: http://people.apache.org/~diwaker

Re: Changing the Day of Forrest Tuesday?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>El mié, 05-10-2005 a las 19:28 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
>

>>Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>>

>>>I like the compromise of starting friday morning and carrying on into
>>>the weekend.
>>>

>>So do I if it facilitates more participation. As long as those who are
>>able to make it during the day can also make weekends.
>>
>>I can't, in many cases. But I can make Friday day, so no problem there.
>>

>In my Spanish office we work till 15:00 Fridays. Would be nice for me as
>well.

I also think I can participate friday night...

Cyriaque,

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.
I like the compromise of starting friday morning and carrying on into
the weekend.

Ferdinand

Gav.... wrote:

> Glad you brought this up Addi

> This was actually discussed yesterday and a post was to be imminant
> asking again which day(s) would be better.

> It was discussed that we ask who would like it to be changed from
> Tuesday to Friday going into Saturday, this is exactly the time you
> are suggesting.

> I am in favour of moving it to Friday into Saturday also, I will
> certainly have more time to do more.

> For those that can do weekdays and prefer to keep the weekends
> to themselves then the actual start time could be Friday AM GMT/UTC
> Then, those that can work during the Friday daytime can and when others
> join on a Friday evening it can then roll on into Saturday and finish
> whenever everyone finishes, this stretches from 24 hours to maybe 36
> but I feel this would be better.

> Below is an indication, not a vote.

> Maybe people could put there name under there preference :-

> 1. Stay as Forrest Tuesday

> 2. Move to Forrest Friday. (finish Sat AM)

> 3. Move to Forrest Friday into Saturday. (Finish Sat PM or whenever)

> Gavin

Ferdinand Soethe

Re: Changing the Day of Forrest Tuesday?

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 10/5/05, Gav.... <br...@brightontown.com.au> wrote:
> Glad you brought this up Addi
>
> This was actually discussed yesterday and a post was to be imminant
> asking again which day(s) would be better.
>
> It was discussed that we ask who would like it to be changed from
> Tuesday to Friday going into Saturday, this is exactly the time you
> are suggesting.
>
> I am in favour of moving it to Friday into Saturday also, I will
> certainly have more time to do more.
>
> For those that can do weekdays and prefer to keep the weekends
> to themselves then the actual start time could be Friday AM GMT/UTC
> Then, those that can work during the Friday daytime can and when others
> join on a Friday evening it can then roll on into Saturday and finish
> whenever everyone finishes, this stretches from 24 hours to maybe 36
> but I feel this would be better.
>
> Below is an indication, not a vote.
>

> Maybe people could put there name under there preference :-
>
> 1. Stay as Forrest Tuesday
>

> 2. Move to Forrest Friday. (finish Sat AM)
>

> 3. Move to Forrest Friday into Saturday. (Finish Sat PM or whenever)

2 is most appealing to me.
--tim

Re: Changing the Day of Forrest Tuesday?