Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by to...@yahoo.com on 2013/09/25 04:44:24 UTC

Backwards compatibility

Should text files created with OOo (.odt) containing simple recorded macros (to apply certain formats with a keystroke combination) be able to be read by OpenOffice 3.1? I sent some files out, and it was reported that they were corrupted. It’s an IT guy who said it, so I don’t ASSUME he didn't know to open them with OpenOffice; but I can’t be sure.

Anyone tried this feat with success?

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: Backwards compatibility

Posted by to...@yahoo.com.
I’ll try both the 1.2 and 1.1/1.0 and see which one works -- and report back.

Thanks!

Sent from Windows Mail

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.
On 9/26/2013 11:28 PM, Josef Latt wrote:

> Am 26.09.2013 15:10, schrieb Andrew Douglas Pitonyak:

>> with no message, does it remove you from the list?
>>

> That's not enough.
> After sending above email you get a confirmation email which you must
> respond.

That should be obvious, hopefully.

Peter

Posted by Josef Latt <Jo...@gmx.net>.