Posted to recruitment@openoffice.apache.org by Ante Lausic <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/19 14:30:37 UTC

joining the project

Dear Madam or Sir,

I'm writing this e-mail because I would like to join your project.

My name is Ante Laušić and I live in Zagreb, Croatia. I'm long time IT
professional with the background in business intelligence/analytics. In my
spare time I also code in C++, C# or Java - just to keep my little gray
cells working and for fun :).
More about my professional career you can find on my LinkedIn profile (
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ante-lausic-72997a34/)

I would like to join the project because I believe I can contribute a lot.
Also I think this would be great opportunity for me to polish my
programming skills while helping develop great product.

I hope that you'll find my application acceptable.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

--
Srdačan pozdrav / Best regards,

*Ante Laušić*

Re: joining the project

Posted by Peter Kovacs <Pe...@Apache.org>.
Hello Ante,

We accept no applications. We accept activity. If you contribute you are
in, from the first contribution. A contribution improves OpenOffice in
any thinkable way.

You contribute by engaging the development. What development means is
that you improve OpenOffice in any way you think possible.

We accept any contribution that you do as long as we agree in the
technical benefit. We have no hierarchy, or leadership.

When we need something equal we vote as equals. And every one is heard
in the discussions or votes.

No one is going to tell you what you must do. We might help you to give
you advisories what you could do.

I try my best in this respect. But my understanding and knowledge is
only slowly growing.

So where to start.

We have a generic overview what volunteers could engage in, to have a
rough Idea at [0]

If you want to change OpenOffice code, first step is to build
OpenOffice. It is a beast on its own. [1]

We need to renew our Program documentation. I am working on it at [2]
when I find time to go on.

If you want to look at Issues to fix, you can browse Bugzilla [3] or
have a look at a try to cluster and  structure Issues [4].

We can always use help in testing, updating and research on issues.

If you have code change towards OpenOffice, small or big, whatever you
think worth, while please use GitHub to submit. [5]

With your submission you earn merit and we will grant you more access
for recognition and convenience.

Please be aware OpenOffice needs some endurance.

We communicate mostly over dev@openoffice.apache.org. You are welcome there.

You can use recruitment if you feel more save for some reason.

HTH

All the Best

Peter

[0] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted